Acs / rpl / diploma ......confused !!!

Guest Granada

Guest Granada

Hi There

Just wondering if anyone can give me a bit of advice on the ACS and recognised qualifications.

We have completed the RPL ( PHEW!!) but am still a bit dubious if we needed to or not.

Hubby has lots of qualifications but none that seem to fit the criteria for Group A or B.

He did a 1 year full time Diploma in Networking Technologies but is that equivalent to the AQF Diploma?? Cant seem to find out for sure.

The RPL is done so its not the end of the world if the Diploma is a no go, we are just worried that he has 8 years experience and if ACS disregard any we are going to fail!!

Any advice would be great

Many Thanks in Advance

Jen x

Guest cantwait

Hi Jen

Have you emailed the ACS to ask them? They are pretty helpfull and answer quite quick. Other than that, there is a social group on here - IT Wags - you could go and ask there.

My OH has done the RPL with the ACS, but I'm sorry I can't help you.

Karen

Guest Granada

Thanks for the suggestion, have sent a request for clarification together with details of the Diploa (1 Year full time/ 1000 hours/ 18 units / 3 semesters) and this is what they said:

In relation to your enquiry, unfortunately I'm unable to comment on individual circumstances. As a guide, if a candidate has a recognised tertiary qualification and experience, they may apply under normal skills assessment.

Not really helpful at all :nah:

Jen

Guest mandisfam

Hi Jen,

My Oh has just successfully passed the ACS rpl. He had 2 years knocked off his 13 years experience in his field. They said the 2 years deducted is equivalent to an oz AQF Diploma.

So I think you would be okay with 8 years experience, but I no expert and it could depend on which field of IT your oh works.

You sound like you are going it alone. Did you contact any agents???? It might be worth it as most offer initial free advice, so maybe a good agent would be able to answer your question.

Good Luck

Mandisfam

Archived